- RSS Channel Showcase 5132872
- RSS Channel Showcase 5306131
- RSS Channel Showcase 8595788
- RSS Channel Showcase 8092220
Articles on this Page
- 04/01/18--12:15: _Oliver Sacks – Writ...
- 04/08/18--11:19: _Yayoi Kusama in Ven...
- 04/13/18--10:04: _Boston Design Week ...
- 04/23/18--08:32: _How living abroad c...
- 05/03/18--08:15: _The certainty of my...
- 05/22/18--08:41: _Life in Jamaica Pla...
- 06/04/18--09:26: _Strength for broken...
- 06/12/18--13:59: _Podcasts for curiou...
- 04/01/18--12:15: Oliver Sacks – Write as if you knew your death date
- 04/08/18--11:19: Yayoi Kusama in Venü Magazine
- 04/13/18--10:04: Boston Design Week Gala
- 04/23/18--08:32: How living abroad can break your heart
- 05/03/18--08:15: The certainty of my uncertainty
- 05/22/18--08:41: Life in Jamaica Plain, Boston
- 06/04/18--09:26: Strength for broken spirits
- 06/12/18--13:59: Podcasts for curious minds and broken hearts
I’ve become obsessed with the writings and lectures of Dr. Oliver Sacks. Not only was the man absolutely delightful – he had a sense of humor that often causes me chuckle through the lines of his essays and books – he was one of our greatest minds and a break-your-heart beautiful writer. Sacks, a British […]
The post Oliver Sacks – Write as if you knew your death date appeared first on Lisa Mikulski - Writer.
While I’ve seen a lot of my work online – graphic design, photography, and writing – there is nothing quite so satisfying as holding something you created in your hands. Some of my favorite days are those when the new issue of Venü Magazine arrives in my mailbox. There’s that satin soft cover, a beautiful […]
Last night’s AD20/21 2018 Gala was a fantastic evening. April showers brought the who’s who of art and design into the beautiful historic Cyclorama building on Tremont Street in Boston. Delicious food, wine, champagne, art, and home furnishings … who could ask for more? I attended with Venü Magazine‘s publisher, Tracey Thomas, for a celebration […]
It is something that many of us might aspire to – the adventure and romance of living abroad. And while for some it is all of that, with travel to nearby foreign countries, new friends and new languages, there are ways in which living abroad can break your heart – no matter how effortlessly you […]
No one teaches us how to think. It’s not something we learn in high school and it’s not until perhaps college where we may be instructed as to the fine art of critical thinking or logic and philosophy. Many of us make important decisions based on emotional thinking. Several months ago, friends and I were […]
I’ve been working on a photography series and I thought I’d share it with you today. Freedom – JP, is still evolving but features photos from lovely Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts. The locals here simply refer to this Boston neighborhood as “JP”. It is home to a diverse group of professionals, young families, artists, and activists. […]
I cried yesterday. That doesn’t happen often. I cried until my eyes were swollen, my body exhausted, and the cats freaked out because they didn’t know what to do about me. But that is generally the way – most people (and evidently cats) don’t know how to react to someone’s sadness or tragedy. The cause […]
It was a simpler life when our grandparents sat around on a Sunday evening in front of the radio listening to a weekly broadcast. Today, listening to podcasts allows us to recapture the relaxing and informative moments of a bygone era away from computer and TV screens. It really is a wonderful way to relax […]